A flexible printed circuit board is a kind of panel that can be bent to follow the desired shape during the application. This can be bent or can be twisted without damaging the circuit. So, it is called bendable circuit boards. The substrate material used to build the PCB is responsible for its elasticity.
The layers of the elastic PCB are the same as those of the stiff PCB, with the addition of an overlay which is a lamination process used to summarize and protect the outside circuit of the FPC. This is alike to the solder mask in a stiff PCB. The outer cover film is a polyimide film that is coated with a thermosetting adhesive. It defends the flexible circuit from harm. The overlay is voluntary, but most flexible PCBs use this.
The Flexible PCB Manufacturer has the abilities that include:
- Adhesive less building for thin and more flexible circuits.
- Additive processing for high-density circuits. Trace and space abilities down to .0015″ in production.
- Micro through sizes down to .001″ diameter for high-density, and 2-layer flex circuits.
- Selective plating of gold and tin-lead allows multiple attachment procedures on the flexible circuit.
- Discerning polyimide removal les cantilevered and some windowed leads.
- Alternate circuit materials such as beryllium copper and stainless steel can be used for the best performance in unique applications.
To do so, they are just built using materials that might be waterproof, corrosion-resistant, or resilient to high-temperature oils which is an option that traditional PCBs may not have. If you are looking for a quality flex or rigid-flex circuit, you can contact our Flexible PCB Manufacturer. Our expert abilities come from a lot of experience in building flex and rigid-flex circuits for an extensive variety of applications and businesses. Our extremely skilled engineers work with customers from the beginning of each project to address any challenges and deliver valuable recommendations on the type of PCB wanted, materials, and how to plan for manufacturability. Whether you want a quick turn flex or a rigid-flex circuit or a completely different type of PCB we have all the capabilities, kit, and experience to meet your desires and offer value-added services for all f PCB layout, and assembly.
Similarities & Differences Between Flex PCBs and Rigid-Flex PCBs
A flexible PCB is a printed circuit panel that can be shaped and intended to fit into an exact product or system. A flex or flexible circuit is made up of thin, and very flexible material. The applications for the flex circuits can be very simple as a one-layer circuit and a multilayer wiring circuit board usually contain 3 or more copper conductive layers, typically which is plated through holes. If the multilayer circuit boards are constructed of both flexible and rigid materials, it is referred to as rigid-flex circuit boards. But a rigid-flex circuit board is a three-D interconnect which can be bent and gathered into almost any shape.
The Rigid-flex technology lets designers replace numerous PCBs with some interconnecting wires and cables into a single unit, which offers improved performance and enlarged reliability. The Rigid-flex circuits can have up to fifty layers, replacing the bulky wire harnesses with a condensed but robust design. The Rigid-flex circuit board technology lessens the need for bulky, and heavy wire harness cables in an electronic system. It also protects installation time and part costs and then results in a cleaner and characteristically more compact with a top-level assembly.
Applications for Flex & Rigid-Flex Circuit
- In Medical devices, it is used in CAT imaging systems, scanners, blood glucose monitors, pacemakers, and more
- In Industrial machinery, it is used in manufacturing equipment, which comprises automation & processing equipment
- In Lighting it is used in Light-emitting diodes, which are used in whole thing from residential homes, stores, computers, and hospitals
- In Automotive it is used in LiDAR, entertainment systems, control systems, and sensors
- In Military aerospace it is used in Monitoring & communication equipment, flight systems, and in hardware
- In Défense, it is used in Communications equipment, control systems, computers, firearms, and warfighter equipment
- In Consumer products, it is used in PCBs which are found in everyday items around your home like cell phones, dishwashers, computers, home appliances, earbuds, and more
Want to buy the best Flexible PCBs
If you want to buy the best flexible PCBs from the best manufacturer, contact Pcb-Togo Electronic,Inc at any time.