Solar panel costs and basic solar systems have dropped significantly in recent years. The advancement of technology is mainly responsible for this. With these guidelines on solar panel costs and solar system prices, you may optimise your setup for maximum efficiency.
Table of Contents
· Maximise Power UsageThe most effective way to maximise the efficacy of your solar panels is to use as much energy as possible during the day. In addition, certain hours of the day are superior to others. If your solar panels face north, they will receive the most energy from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. East-facing households typically receive the most sunlight in the morning, while west-facing panels receive the most in the afternoon. So, take out your compass, get your bearings, and turn on your appliances properly to ensure your solar panels do the heaviest lifting during the day. Want to make matters even easier? Purchase a timer and program your devices accordingly.
· Trim Back TreesThe sun’s energy is limitless unless the leaves are in the way. Cut back any overhanging limbs or trees blocking sunlight from reaching your solar panels. You never know; you may develop a passion for topiary. While you are up on the ladder, remove any leaves, stray Frisbees, balls, or anything else that could cast a shadow on your solar panels.
· Solar BatteryUsing appliances during the day when the solar system generates the energy is ideal for households with a solar PV system because it maximises self-consumption and minimises imports. You can partially cover your import costs with the money received from exports. A solar battery can store the extra energy produced during the day to be used at night or during periods when the sun isn’t shining.
· Virtual Power Plant programIt is possible to join a Virtual Power Plant Program if you have a solar battery. Via VPPs, homes can pool the renewable energy they produce but do not utilise immediately. A community may form a decentralised, environmentally friendly power grid with adequate home solar battery storage and a virtual power plant (VPP) provider. Excess power from solar batteries can be fed into the VPP electrical network during heavy demand. Owning renewable energy means you may charge others to use it when you are not using it yourself, resulting in more significant savings for you and cleaner power for more homes.
· TariffsTo maximise the benefits of solar energy, familiarity with power rates is also essential. The feed-in tariff refers to the money you earn from selling any extra solar power you produce. The retail or consumption tariff is the price of electricity from the grid (imports). It could include:
- Consistently the same low price (flat or block tariff)
- Time-dependent pricing changes (time-of-use or flexible tariff).