Growing science and tremendous scientific advancement during the past few decades. The researchers are innovating new products daily. The tremendous advancement in technologies and facilities has created, during the past few decades, countless well-staffed hierarchies of scientific workers. The laboratories are a basis for gainful careers for quality tent scientists. Scientific awareness results in modern applications. Science has improved a lot from the past to the present. Science has enabled man to seek discoveries about ethics, aesthetics, education, and justice to create cultures and improve human conditions by making life easier. There are advantages and disadvantages to all the things in the world. It is the same in the chemical industry. Chemicals can also have very positive effects as well as negative effects on our lives.
Description About Diethylene glycol ethyl methyl ether?
Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether is a secondary of Ethylene Oxide and Ethanol. The supplementary names of the chemical compound are Ethyl Diglycol and 2-hydroxy-2-ethoxy-diethyl ether. The compound is commercially known as Ethyl Carbitol, which is a brand of Union Carbide. Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether is an impressive solvent for various resins & pastes etc. It is used in the textile industry as a compound for dyestuff in the printing and dyeing of fiber & fabrics. Ethyl Diglycol averts gel formation in liquid detergent and cleaner formulations in drilling and cutting coolants. The compound is used in the manufacturing & formulation of pesticides & wood preservatives.
Uses of Diethylene glycol methyl ethyl
The uses of this compound are:-
- It is used in Indian & ink ballpoint pastes.
- It is also used in the cosmetic perfumery industry
- Ethyl diglycol (Ethyl Carbitol) does not attack rubber.
- It is mainly used as a solvent for organic synthesis and various fields like ink and coating processes.
- Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is a solubilizing agent which is used in veterinary medicine.
- It is also used in an injectable product for cattle and pigs at a concentration of 30%.
- It has been consumed in human therapeutics in cosmetics and other topical formulations.
- It is also used in oral and sublingual preparations.
According to the latest reviews, it was found that diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is a very highly produced chemical that is absorbed by the airways, digestive tract, and skin. The primary metabolic pathway pertains to the oxidation of the hydroxyl group to the related acid, under the effect of hepatic alcohol/aldehyde dehydrogenases, and a less meaningful pathway to complete biotransformation to carbon dioxide. Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is used all together as an excipient which fully accounts for the scarcity of kinetic data on this compound, and it is dissolvable both in water and in organic solvents, this would lead to contemplate that it should have an oral bioavailability in men of about 100%, therefore, considering the overall risk assessment of the molecule, the lack of kinetic information could be assessed negligible.
The various properties and importance of
Diethylene glycol ethyl methyl ether is
- Appearance: Colourless transparent liquid
- Assay: 99. 6%min
- Packaging: 200kg/Drum.
- It is mixed with ethyl ether, methanol, propanol, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, heptane, etc.
- It can form an azeotropic mixture.
- The compound also has a high boiling point.
- They are often very effective in eliminating paint from metal surfaces.
CAS#1002-67-1 compound is explained with few references. The temperature of reaction of correspondence is 30-120 °C when preparing diethylene glycol monoethyl ether sodium and diethylene glycol monoethyl ether potassium by diethylene glycol monoethyl ether, and the reaction times is 1.0-7.0h; In reaction, realize the protection and the part of reaction are taken out of the water that generates in pure sodium and the potassium alcoholate reaction function and stimulate simultaneously and promotes the generation of diethylene glycol monoethyl ether sodium and diethylene glycol monoethyl ether potassium with the N2 that feeds.