Choosing to study MBBS in Georgia can be one of the most practical approaches for students who want to pursue medical education abroad. Many universities in Georgia are well known for catering premium quality education to their respective students. If multiple international Destinations are laid off as an option for pursuing medical, then Georgia forms a very good option.
The country is composed of universities that come with high-quality facilities. However, if you are planning to do your medical education in Georgia, it is a very essential information to take into consideration that the place can be a bit expensive, and hence, this will lead the students to consider more than just mere critical factors that are needed for survival.
Table of Contents
This beautiful country is situated by the Black Sea’s eastern end, which is near the southern flanks of the peak of the Caucasus Mountains. The decision to study MBBS in Georgia opens the door to multiple innovations and creativity that can help in the upliftment of the medical field as a whole. In terms of numbers, over 500 students have already migrated to
Georgia from India to complete their medical education in the country. When it comes to MBBS, the duration of the total course program is divided into five initial theoretical courses along with a year internship period.
The following are the courses that come with the decision to study MBBS in Georgia:
- Dentistry-5 year course
- Pharmacy-4 year course
- Nursing-4 year course
- MBBS/MD- 6 years course
To study MBBS in Georgia, there are certain eligibility criteria that you as a student should satisfy, and they are as follows:
- The student should be no less than 17 years old while applying for the course
- The student must complete a higher degree and, if not, then an equivalent degree from a well-recognized university
- The student must have a valid NEET score. Besides this, the student must have a valid TOEFL/IELTS score. In case a certain University will not ask for scores, they will conduct a personal interview instead.
- Under the general category, students need to have at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology all combined. On the other hand, if the student hails from the reservation category, then 40% aggregate on the whole will do.
To ensure that a student follows a smooth study course, they must have a student visa. To obtain a student visa, the following documents are necessary:
- Original passport having validity of at least one year
- Passport size photos (6)
- Birth certificate
- Filled out the application form
- Migration certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Offer letter from the college
- Last six months’ bank statement
- IELTS score card
- Photocopies of both academic and IELTS card
- Students’ two-way tickets
When deciding to choose to study MBBS in Georgia, it is necessary to jot down the advantages and see if it’s feeding your needs. We have done the same and discussed below:
- The universities believe in letting their students have a first-hand experience in the medical course, and they provide the same opportunity to their students
- Georgia Medical University highly believes in imparting premium quality to their students comprising of high technology and infrastructures
- For Indian students, the nation has multiple food cuisines, including Indian dishes as well. Furthermore, accommodation facilities are also offered
- The universities follow a basic forward admission procedure with minimum formalities, making it the right choice for students to study MBBS in Georgia
- Irrespective of males or females, the universities are said to be safe for both students. This means that you, as a student, can easily enjoy the benefits of public transport.
- Students are also allowed to pursue their medical careers in Georgia as they can easily apply for permanent residency when they reach their third year. Furthermore, they can also move to Europe for their post-graduation as well.
Provided Georgia is a democratic country, it means that the country has a low crime rate. This means that the students will get a safe and sound environment to grasp education. When compared to the rest of the nations, this country is said to have an affordable standard of living. Thus, this is all the information that was there to know about pursuing medical education at the University of Georgia.